Creator of Emotions
Erika Lemay is an internationally awarded performer and public personality. She is requested for the most prominent events on all 5 continents : Anniversaries, celebrations, TV shows, films, product launches, private functions for VIPs, celebrities, Royal Families, and World leaders.
Vanity Fair nominated Erika as the New Queen of Circus in an interview and photo shooting by Legendary Hollywood Icon Maker Douglas Kirkland who later portrayed her in the videoclip called Objet de Desir, he realized with the support of Canon USA .
With a classical dance background, the best acrobatic (Cirque style) education, a unique sophistication and strong charisma on stage, Erika Lemay soon became known for being a pure Physical Poet.
Physical Poetry is a new art form which aims to share emotions though uncommon and limitless body language. The contortions, aerial stunts and acrobatics become a mean of expression for higher purpose.
Her ability to move any type of audience, her artistry and stunning acrobatics, makes her today, one of the most revered artists around the world.
In the pursuit of a real challenge and a true connection with her audience, Erika Lemay has launched ANIMUS FEMINA; a full One Woman Show.
The first of its genre starring only one performer for a full length show of Physical Poetry, this unusual format for such a physical artist is an ethereal story evolving through the arts of aerial acrobatics, contortion, theatrical interpretation, contemporary dance and visual new technologies adapted to festival and theatres.
Erika Lemay was born in Quebec, Canada. She began her extraordinary journey through the art of dance with her first ballet class, aged 4.
Aged 11, after a short career in conventional gymnastics, she found her passion as a performing circus artist, soon becoming the youngest and most prominent member of Cirque Eos.
Erika was 14 when she attended her first European performance at Belgium's international circus festival "La Piste aux Espoirs".
Her performance marked a stunning start to her international career, winning her the Public's Choice Award's, and the Gold Medal. Other tours with major international circuses were to follow - in Canada, the USA, Europe, Middle and South America.
Erika's wonderful family believed in her dreams and supported her throughout.
In 2003, Erika became a freelance artist, receiving awards from most prestigious world-class festivals and building a successful career in the niche market of very exclusive events worldwide.
When she is not touring for worldwide performances, Erika aims to inspire a new generation to become who they are through Arts and is currently holding the honorary position of Arts Ambassador for the Non-Profit Pensare Oltre.
- Festival International du Cirque de Monte-Carlo (Only Artist festured in two distinct soloist acts)
- Festival Mondial du Cirque de Demain in Paris
- Golden Circus in Roma
- 1st Planetary Carnival of Stage Direction in St.Petersburg (Only Artist festured in two distinct soloist acts)
- Festival International du Cirque de Massy
- As a child at La Piste aux Espoirs in Tournai (Belgium)
Guest of many TV shows worldwide, Erika’s talent has been highlighted starring in world class events on the most prestigious stages, among these:
Performing Guest of Honour in Private Galas for VIPs, moguls, celebrities, royal families and in Special Events for world leading companies.
- New Milano Malpensa Airport official inauguration after massive renovation for MilanoExpo2015
- Art Living (Guinness World Record as greatest habitable artwork) presentation at Palazzo della Borsa Milano (London Stock Exchange Group)
- Frankfurt Stadium Kommerzbank Arena as the Flying Juliet at over 30 meters high
- Venice Film Festival 70th at Spazio Cinecittà Luce, opening Soundtrack Stars Awards ceremony debuting her new creation HOPE
- Venice Film Festival 66th at Quintessentially VIP Terrace with Douglas Kirkland debuting her new creation Divina
- Marlborough House in London at Ark Fundraising, along with world renowned singer Prince. The event sponsored by Bill Clinton, Madonna and other celebrities raised an astonishing £28.1million GBP
- Royal Albert Hall in London for Varekai Red Carpet by Cirque du Soleil, along with CEO & President Daniel Lamarre
- Grand Opening of renewed La Mamounia in Marrakech by Cirque du Soleil, as the Only Soloist apart from tenor José Carreras
- Forest National in Brussels for Franco Dragone’s all stars Christmas show Kdo as the Only Guest Artist with 2 different acts
- Nationaltheatret Oslo in front of Queen Sonja & King Harald V of Norway for Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson 100th Anniversary
- Google Zeitgeist at The Grove London, courtesy of Cirque du Soleil, hosted by Google founder Larry Page, with London Mayor Boris Johnson and World Wide Web Inventor Sir Tim Berners-Lee. Nobel Prizes: Archibishop Desmond Tutu, Daniel Kahneman and Kary Mullis
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection museum in Venezia for San Pellegrino 75th Anniversary Gala
- Drama Theatre Kaliningrad for Baltic Seasons Arts Festival 10th, as the Only Guest Artist with 2 different acts
- Opening ceremony of the renewed International Autodrome E.& D. Ferrari in Imola, Italy
- La Salle des Etoiles of Sporting Club Monte-Carlo for Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur of the Year award
- The Peninsula Bangkok 10th Anniversary on behalf of Unicef chaired by former Thailand Prime Minister H.E. Anand Panyarachun Ritz Carlton Doha for Qatar Business Women Award under auspices of Her Highness Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser Al Misnad
- FIBA Basket World Championship Opening by Cirque du Soleil at Arena Istanbul hosted by Turkey Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
- Google Zeitgeist in Scottsdale AZ courtesy of Cirque du Soleil (with CEO Eric Schmidt launching Google Me)
- Launch of new TV Channel Medi 1 TV (Morocco) hosted by President Abbas Azzouzi and Minister Khalid Naciri
- 10th Monte Carlo Film Festival ceremony awards at Salle des Princes of Grimaldi Forum as the Only Performing Guest Artist
- Almere Arena in Amsterdam for Unive Gym Gala (16th & 17th editions) with London2012 & Beijng2008 Olympics medalists gymnastics
- Palazzo Pisani Moretta in Venezia for Ballo del Doge 20th Anniversary
Erika currently appears as Guest Star in the most important Cirque du Soleil special events, among them, she was chosen with her act to represent Cirque du Soleil at:
- Press Launches of Quidam in Sao Paulo, Alegria in Seoul, Taipei, Dubai, Varekai in Taipei and London
- World Premiere of James Cameron’s movie Worlds Away 3D at Tokyo International Film Festival
- With an audience of 400 millions, Erika Lemay was a protagonist of PAN AM Games Opening Ceremony, Cirque du Soleil largest event ever
- Ritz Carlton Montreal 100th Anniversary, hosted by T.R.H. Brian Mulroney former Canada Prime Minister, in front ot T.S.H. Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene of Monaco inaugurating the Royal Suite renamed Suite Grimaldi
And in many very important special events, among them :
- Homage by Cirque du Soleil to CEO & President Daniel Lamarre at Grand Bal des Vins-Coeur in Montreal
- Golden Jubilee 50th Rose d’Or (World entertainment television award) in Luzern (CH) at Concert Hall KKL
Customizing her image and/or her performances Erika represented:
- The Earth at the Globe Energy Award in Wien, Austria
- The Power of Nature for National Geographic Society in London
- The Supannahong (Award of National Film Association of Thailand) in Bangkok
- 400th Anniversary of Quebec City at Canadian Embassy in Washington D.C. care by Smithsonian Institution.
- The Golden Kinnaree Award of Bangkok International Film Festival chaired by H.R.H. Ubolratana Rajakanya Princess of Thailand
- 375th Lévis Celebrations Canada Culture Capital performing with Lévis Symphonic Orchestra, Marie-Josée Lord & Jorane
- Chocolate Girl in the multi awarded TV movie Halvbroren for NRK, where Erika Lemay acts in Norwegian, directed by Per Olav Sørensen