The wonder of Classical Music as you have never experienced before.
Classical Music sublimates itself when paired with the poised energy of Ballet. The engaging execution of a symphonic orchestra is enhanced by a unique form of Art. In a new mesmerising way, this unique artist offers her ethereal interpretation of the most beautiful classical pieces, creating magic on stage.
Erika Lemay is celebrated worldwide for her innovative style that has elevated the art of “Nouveau Cirque” to new heights. Nominated the Queen of New Circus by Vanity Fair, She is the creator of her own artistic universe called Physical Poetry. Through her limitless body as a means of expression, she has the power and sensibility to express Poetry in Motion.
Her talent is featured on the most prestigious stages and at the most impressive venues, from concert halls like Royal Albert Hall London to art museums like the Peggy Guggenheim Venice; and from stadiums like Frankfurt Arena to historical sites like the Smithsonian Institution, Washington.
One of the very few artists appearing on behalf of Cirque du Soleil as a guest soloist for their most important events worldwide, Erika Lemay was most recently one of the two female protagonists of the largest event they ever produced, the Pan American Games Opening, which was seen by 400 million telespectators.
Proposed Musical Program
Hand balancing on high canes
- (a) Pavane in F-Sharp Minor, Op. 50, Gabriel Fauré
- (b) Vocalise, Op. 34, Sergei Rachmaninoff
Aerial Silk (possible Snow effect)
- Adagio for Strings op.11, Samuel Barber
Aerial Hoop app. 6 min
- (a) Libertango , Astor Piazzola
- (b) Synphony in D Minor, Op. 12 no. 4 G. 506 “nella casa del diavolo” Luigi Boccherinni
Flying dress moment / Dance piano effect app.4min
- (a: if flying) Canon in D Major, Johann Pachelbel
- (b: in no flying) Sonata No. 14 in C-sharp Minor Op. 27:2 “Moonlight” Ludwig Van Beethoven
Aerial Straps (possible Rain effect) app. 6min
- Ave Maria, Giuli Caccini